Friday, July 24, 2009

Wedded Bliss

It's summertime. Weddings are everywhere. And I love weddings. I mean, LOVE. L-O-V-E! I'd have one tomorrow if I could. But I'm still happy as a single girl. This is my dilema...

A woman gets to be a princess for a day. A man gets to shine like never before (or after). I've dreamed of my wedding (and planned many iterations of it in my head and on paper) since I was 6. It's how I learned the word "gazebo" (that's where I intended to say my vows until my godsister had her wedding in a gazebo). I wanted to wear Mrs. Piggy's dress back then. I just needed my Kermit the Frog. And I found him (but that's another post).

Some people hate weddings (blasphemy), but who could hate this:



How totally awesome (if 80s clothes can come back, 80s lingo can come back, too)! I'd never have the guts to do this (I'm pretty traditional really), and I've already forbidden my boyfriend from strolling down the aisle (it's BGLO tradition) at ours or anyone else's wedding. But I think this is really cool. I love the choreography :o)!

With an entrance like that, I WISH I could see the photos and video from the rest of the day.

Congratulations to all the newlyweds and soon-to-be-mrs(es). And good luck to all the upcoming bridesmaids (myself included. I might be the first bridesmaidzilla on the planet. I can't help it; I actually DO care what the napkins look like...please forgive me in advance).

No comments:

Post a Comment