Sunday, August 8, 2010

Food for Thought

I lost weight this week :) I'm happy but I feel somewhat indifferent about it. I know this wasn't really a great week for me. I didn't work out. I was sick, so I get it, but still. I ate out a lot, including two stops at McDonald's. I also ate a lot of frozen meals. I stayed within in my points everyday, but I don't feel like I did as well as I could have.

But on the flip side, I really did think about my food choices for the first time in quite a while. I passed on lots of things (whaddaya mean no Rita's?) and realized just how many calories and grams of fat are in some of my favorite foods, foods I had allowed myself to eat too often (whaddaya mean a Rita's blendini is the equivalent of a pretty nice dinner?). So this was an eye opener. I don't think I was in denial about what I was eating or not eating or doing or not doing. I think I just wasn't really paying attention. Neglect is one of the worst thing you can do to a relationship. That goes for the relationship you have with yourself, too.

So this week will be different. I'm still learning a lot: what I like, what I don't, what makes me full,what I do when I really REALLY want some pizza but know I shouldn't have some (Pizza was my thing this week. Not really sure why. So I had some yesterday. Was it worth it? Yes, but only because I really, really wanted it and because I planned for it. I thought about it and made some decisions (buy a small so there won't be leftovers, eat a salad with it, don't over indulge). But is it worth it everyday? Not at all. And even though I "knew" that the last time I had some, now I can really quantify it.) This week, I will cook (microwaving counts) and I will work out. I still will eat some frozen meals, and I may stop at McDonald's (the salads are pretty good. so are the apple dippers.) But that's ok. One of these days I'll actually pull out a cookbook and use my crock pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment