Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall



Today was a bad day. No really. It sucked. Ice Cube knows nothing about this. And quite frankly, I'm glad it's almost over (it's 10:47pm EDT). But today I learned some things about myself, and that's a pretty important for growth and personal development and stuff. I guess everyday I'm learning more and more about me. About who I am. About what I can handle and what I expect. About what I deserve. And even about what I really really love, but have to learn to live without (even if I don't want to, and especially when I hope it's short lived).

One thing I know about me, though, is I can't live without mirrors. I like looking at myself. I haven't always, but everyone was a teenager at some point, right? This morning my mirror told me that yes I did look as bad as I felt. Like, whoa. It also told me that my fave eyeshadow can do wonders along with a little highlighter and primer. But the most important thing a mirror told me today is that I'm doing a good job. This evening was the first time I saw a good change in my body. Less where there should be less, and more where there should be more. And I swear that made a huge difference this evening. I think when you're trying to lose weight, you're often the last person to really notice. You might see it here or there, usually not in the places you want to lose, but not as quickly as those who care about you notice. But today, I saw it. Finally, I saw the change. That mirror on the wall told me I'm doing a good job. That I'm achieving. That slow and steady wins the race. And sometimes we have to go without in order to get what we really want. And what we want is usually just a better, stronger version of what we already have. Life 2.0. Thank you, mirror. I may not be the fairest of them all, but I am me.

Shout out to my girlfriends. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment